The Five-Fold Secret To Clearly Hearing God's Voice
the questions I consistently get from Believers whether they
are newly born-again or have been in the Body of Christ for
years, is, "How do you know God's voice?"
There is a five-fold secret to clearly
hearing God's voice. For the ministers and lay Christians
who do not know this crucial secret, hearing the Lord's voice
becomes a perpetual struggle. Let's go to the Word of God
to learn this five-fold secret..
Who Are You Really Listening To?
Over the past sixteen years, I've watched Christians make
decisions that have produced alarming self-inflicted wounds.
In each case, they did what they did because they firmly believed
God was the one who called, led or inspired them to do so.
But in the end, they married the wrong person, bought a car
that turned out to be a lemon, bought a house they could not
afford and started ministries and businesses that were doomed
for failure from the onset.
I've watched people claim God told them
to quit their jobs to do the work of the ministry. But it
wasn't long before their cars were repossessed and they were
begging for money to pay their bills, and finally had to file
bankruptcy. Write this law down and don't ever forget:
When You Follow The Lord's Voice - The Vision
Always Comes To Pass!
The Lord is never going to lead you to bankruptcy
or divorce court, ministry or business failure, or into a bad
consumer deal! Under no circumstances will He lead you into
marital turmoil, financial shame or ministry embarrassment,
(See Psalm 23). If you find yourself trapped in one of those
traumatic moments in time, just know that the voice of the Holy
Spirit DID NOT lead you there! You got there because you listened
to or followed the wrong voice, or you made a bad decision.
You Know The Five Voices?
every decision that you are called to make and in every situation
that you are faced with, there is always going to be five
different voices speaking to you.
voice of God
voice of your conscience
voice of your reasoning
voice of your flesh, and
voice of the devil
In most cases, each voice is going to lead
you in the opposite direction of the voice of God. The sincere
Christians who consistently miss God's voice, either: (a)
don't know about all of these five voices, or (b) they have
not learned how to discern which voice is speaking. Each voice
has a distinct sound and is easily discernable once you know
what to listen for.
I very rarely listen to the radio, but
when I turn it on, there are certain voices that I detect
immediately. Voices like: Smokey Robinson, Ron Kenoly and
Stevie Wonder, to name a few. Each of their voices has a distinct
sound pitch. In the realm of the spirit, the five voices I
named are the same way! They each have a distinctive sound
pitch. We're going to examine each of these five voices and
get to know their sound pitch from the Written Word of God.
After this teaching, you'll be on track to clearly hearing
God's voice. We'll start at the bottom of the list and work
our way to the top, saving the best for last!
Voice of The Devil - (Psalm 55:1-3)
how the voice of the devil sounds. When he speaks, his voice
you, (Revelation 20:7-8)
- Cause oppression, (Acts 10:38)
- Discourage you, (Numbers 32:6-10)
- Cause you to be bitter, (Colossians 3:19)
- Cause confusion, (Acts 19:32)
- Cause you to rationalize sin, (Isaiah
- Blind your mind, (II Corinthians 4:4)
- Cause you to lie, (I John 2:4)
- Cause you to doubt God's Word, (Hebrews 3:12)
- Cause division in your family, church, business, (Mark 3:25)
- Cause you to disobey the Word of God, (Joshua 5:6)
- Inspire rage, anger and malice, (Ephesians 4:31)
- Bring you fear, (Mark 4:40)
- Torment you, (Matthew 8:6)
you to lose hope, (Job 7:1-15)
you to lose hope, (Job 7:1-15)
you to be dismayed, (Joshua 1:9)
- Cause you to seek revenge, (Ezekiel 25:15)
you to curse God, (Job 2:9)
up unforgiveness, (Matthew 6:15)
- Cause you to be ashamed of the gospel, (Mark 8:38)
- Cause you not to hear God’s voice, (John 10:5)
hear: fear, confusion, torment, doubt, justification of sin,
etc., you don't have to pray about it or seek counseling.
You are listening to the voice of the devil!
Voice of Your Flesh - (Galatians 5:16-21)
has a voice! It speaks to you in a commanding and authoritative
sound pitch. It doesn't matter if you are an apostle, prophet,
pastor, CEO, Governor, Police Chief or an average citizen.
Your flesh speaks to you constantly. Any time you follow the
voice of your flesh, the net result will always be negative.
You can never follow the voice of your flesh and things turn
out, "ok!" The fifth chapter of the book of Galatians reveals
the sound pitch of your flesh. You know you are listening
to and being led by the voice of your flesh when you engage
- unlawful sexual relations between a man and a woman
- pornography, harlotry, incest
- homosexuality, lesbianism, pedophilia, sexual perversion
- undisciplined, lewd, overeater, lazy, shiftless
- worship sports stars, movie stars, music icons, preachers,
- includes drug use, spells, luck charms, horoscopes, zodiac
- hold grudges and malice and be angry at someone
- to quarrel with words, stir up strife and incite debates
(9) Emulations - the spirit of jealousy, rivalry spirit
- creating domestic and civic turmoil
- getting pay back for a wrong, angry contentions
- stirring up strife in the church, government, home, etc.
- causing discord, unrighteous indignation
- to wish ill will toward a person, organization or group
- to spoil or mar the happiness of others, to kill
- public or private intoxication, alcoholic, addicted to
- clubs, house parties, carousing, obscene music
The voice of your flesh will never inspire you to do the
will of God. It will only talk you into committing adultery,
fornication, listening to obscene music and engaging in any
of the other seventeen destructive behaviors you just read.
You are to never listen to the voice of your flesh! What you
do to the voice of your flesh is bring it into subjection
to the Written Word of God, (See I Corinthians 9:27).
Voice of Your Reasoning - (Acts 28:1-6 and Mark 2:6-8)
God has given us the ability to reason. We have that ability
so that we may rationally consider all options, blessings
and curses, obstacles, situations, consequences, advantages
versus disadvantages and profits versus losses. You can always
tell when you are listening to the voice of your reasoning
because you will weigh the things you see and hear in the
natural. You will deliberate and think things through, and
afterwards, make your decision. Caution: if the answer of
your mind contradicts the Written Word, or contradicts what
God has said to you, then you must abandon the voice of your
reasoning, (See Numbers 13:26-33).
The Voice of Your Conscience -
(Acts 24:16 and Hebrews 10:22)
is the place where you recognize the difference between what
is right versus what is wrong. It is the place where you establish
morals and values, or where you reject good morals and values
and become reprobate in your mind. Your conscience is going
to fall into one of the four categories:
good conscience, (I Timothy 1:5 and Acts 24:16)
weak conscience, (I Corinthians 8:7)
seared conscience, (I Timothy 4:2)
evil conscience, (Hebrews 10:22)
next point should be obvious. The voice of your conscience
is good to listen to as long as you have a good conscience,
but when a person has a weak, seared or evil conscience, it
would be unadvisable for them to follow the voice of their
The Voice of God - (I Samuel 3:1-10
know you are hearing the voice of God when you hear these sounds.
·Instruction in righteousness, (II Tim 3:16)
The Seven Elements To Clearly Hearing
·Correction in righteousness, (II Timothy 3:16, Proverbs 3:11-12)
·Causes you to profit in Christ, (II Timothy 3:16, John 15:16)
·Brings to your remembrance the Word of God, (John 14:26)
·Guides you into Truth, (John 16:13)
·Exhorts you, (Jude 3, Romans 12:1)
·Comforts you, (John 14:16, Psalm 23:4)
·Rebukes and reproves you, (Titus 1:13,
II Timothy 4:2)
·Convicts you of sin, (Romans 6:1-23)
·Leads you to salvation, (Romans 10:9-10, II Timothy 3:15)
·Assures you of the Heavenly Father's
love toward you, (I John 3:1, Jeremiah 31:3)
·Admonishes and warns you, (Ephesians 6:4, Acts 21:4,10-14)
·Edifies you, (Ephesians 4:12)
·Increases our faith, (Romans 10:17)
·Cause you to triumph in life through Christ, (II Corinthians 2:14)
that you know the five voices, and how they sound, there are
the seven elements that must be in place in your life, if you
are going to properly discern which voice is speaking.
- You must study the Word of God for yourself, (See II Timothy 2:15)
- You must meditate on the Word of God day and night, (Joshua 1:8)
- You must spend time praying, (Mark 1:35)
- You must spend time communing with the Holy Spirit, (II Corinthians 13:14)
- You must be planted in a good church home, (See 92:13)
- You must rationally consider all options, (Luke 14:28-30)
- You must seek counsel from wise counselors, (See Proverbs 11:14)
follow those instructions, you will come to the place, where
you quickly recognize which voice is speaking to you. That
is an awesome feeling to know that you know that you know
- the voice of the Holy Spirit!
● How Do I Find My God-Given
● Is It
The Will of God For Me To Marry or Remain Single?
Is Choosing The Wrong Mate So Dangerous?
"Safe Sex" Really Safe?
● The Sex Drive Why
We Have It! (Part 1)
● Have You Kissed The
Girls. And Made Them Cry?
© Copyright Gillis Triplett Ministries. 2004
- All Rights Reserved. International copyright secured. This
life-changing article has been provided by www.Gillistriplett.com.
Your destiny is just a click away! Log on to www.Gillistriplett.com
and get empowered to change your life!